Make and Publish Your Book

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sharing on Pinterest


Okay, Pinterest is fun. I avoided signing up when I first heard about it because, well, I just didn't get the concept. I finally gave in and signed up after hearing about it's SEO value as a page rank 6 website, but still didn't use it. It just felt awkward to me. Then, I finally gave in again and shared a link to, of all things, a messy desk covered with papers. It was so easy, and, for some reason I can't quite explain, fun. Then I started looking at other people's pins and repinned a couple of them. What a fun, friendly way to share!


Should You Pin It?

My advice to bloggers and website builders, ride this trend and have fun with it, but don't make it just about spamming your Pinterest followers.

  • Don't just pin your own work, share the love by pinning other websites and products you really like.
  • Add pictures to your site so there is something your readers can pin if they like your site.
  • Add a Pin It button to make it really easy for your readers to share your site.
I realize this site doesn't use many pictures, but I plan to start adding more, and when I figure out how to add a Pin It button, I'll pop back with how-to information you can use if you use a Blogger template.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Online Writing Adventures. Feel free to leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so.