Make and Publish Your Book

Monday, February 7, 2011

Review of Experts123

I applied at Experts123 in October, and my application was accepted the same day. It sounded like it would be a good site. The explanation of the pay system was to write 2 articles for revenue share, and then, if they were good enough, $20 articles would be offered.

Long story, made short; I have written 3 there, and they were good enough I was promoted to one of the site's experts, but the $20 articles never became available.  I think if they like your work enough to promote you to the level of expert, they should do what they promised during the hiring process and make $20 assignments available. The rev share earnings never appeared in my dashboard either.

They implemented a "Trust System", where whether you get paid or not depends on how many "Likes" your article gets, and the payment for page views is not retroactive - meaning, the majority of my page views were from when the articles were fresh, but those page views do not count. Also, the three or four page views I have gotten since working my way up to a trust level of 1 are not enough to accrue anything.

A lot of the articles on the site have pretty awful grammar, and are loaded with spelling mistakes. (Not that mine is perfect.) In spite of the flaws, these appear to be the most "Liked" articles. I am guessing the writers of those particular articles are gifted social marketers. I am, however, surprised the articles made it past the editing staff.

My "start out slow, wait and see before investing too much time writing for a new site" policy paid off with this one. I think it could be a good site for an amateur writer who is really good with social networking. I think it is a waste of time for a professional writer wanting to make professional writing wages.

If you have any experience with Experts123, or other similar writing sites, feel free to click the comments icon below this article  to share your views.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Online Writing Adventures. Feel free to leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so.