Make and Publish Your Book

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yahoo Contributor Network's New Contributor Contract

I haven't logged in at YCN for a few days, and when I tried to log in tonight (November 10, 2011) I was greeted with a message about the new contributor contract. Basically - if contributors do not agree to the terms of the new contract, they can no longer log into their accounts.

Since I have not noticed this conversation anywhere else on the Internet yet, I thought I would post about it here.

The terms are in my opinion, as is customary for these user-generated sites, pretty one-sided. So, while not unusual, check them over closely before agreeing. You will be giving up some of your existing rights if you agree, but you will not be able to access your account if you do not agree. (My apologies for adding that part twice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Online Writing Adventures. Feel free to leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so.